FWB Products Safety
What are fragrance oils?
Fragrance oils are manufactured scents comprising of both natural and synthetic compounds.
Storing fragrance oils
The compounds that make up fragrance oils are fragile and can separate if they are exposed to oxygen for prolonged periods of time. It is advised to:
- Keep your oils in a dark place and out of direct sunlight.
- Store them in a place that is kept cool and dry.
- Keep the bottle caps sealed whenever they are not in use.
- Take care to not over tighten the caps.
When properly stored, fragrance oils can have a shelf life of up to 2 years.
Safety of fragrance oils
- Fragrance oils are highly flammable and should be kept away from naked flames, fire and other heat sources. Do not smoke around fragrance oils.
- Fragrance oils can be highly toxic if swallowed so it is extremely important to keep them away from children and pets, especially if they smell like delicious food items.
- Do not drink fragrance oils or eat any product that contains fragrance oils (e.g. wax melts)
- Fragrance oils are not suitable for use in vaping.
Handling Our Products
Fragrance oils should always be handled with the upmost care. Used incorrectly and they can be dangerous. When handling oils:
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Do not touch your face or eyes.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke.
- Clean spillages with an absorbent material such as kitchen roll.
- Dispose of contents/container to approved disposal site, in accordance with local regulations.
- Pregnant women should be extra prudent especially in their first trimester.
First Aid Procedures
In the event of oil accidentally splashing in your eyes:
- Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do.
- Continue rinsing.
- Seek medical advice if irritation persists.
In the event of accidental swallowing:
- Rinse your mouth with plenty of water.
- Seek medical advice immediately.
In the event of irotation:
- Remove contaminated clothing.
- Wash skin with plenty of water or soap and water.
- If an irritation persists, seek medical advice immediately.
In the event of excessive inhalation:
- Move to fresh air and rest.
- Seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
Fragrance Oil Responsibilities
It is your responsibility to correctly store and handle your oils.
FilledWithBarakah are not responsible for the storage, handling or use of these oils once they have been delivered to you. We cannot be held accountable for any misuse of our oils.
We also cannot be responsible for any medical issues that arise from using our oils e.g. an allergic reaction.
- Some oils may stain furniture and surfaces so it is advisable to put protective layers down on your workspace.
This Page Is Relating To All Products ‘By FilledWithBarakah’